Monday, January 17, 2011

How Has MLK Influenced You? --Brittany Bicking




United Way of Southeast Delaware County is bringing the the MLK Day event to you live. We are having people bringing you their views, opinions and feelings about the MLK Day event. They are also sharing their thoughts and feelings about MLK and how he has influenced them.

11:25 PM Today we have Brittany Bicking...



Brittany Bicking -Widener University:
Americorp Community Fellow, Nursing Major
1/17/2011 25th MLK Day

In my opinion MLK put forth a a way of thinking that changed the world. MLK had a dream that has continued to touch and inspire individuals of all ages and races today. My dream includes a life of happiness for the people around me and myself. MLK is a respected individual who has inspired me to take a look around myself and recognize that there is alot help needed. I strive to provide community service to others when ever possible. I feel as though I am living his dream as mine by being a community fellow. I am most comfortable and feel most accomplished in my life when I am helping others. I have chosen nursing as a career that not only encompasses my academic interests but will enable to me to help others every day of my life.



“Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'”



-Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment